How to Make Your Mornings More Productive

I am definitely a morning person, ever since the start of this year I have been getting up at 7-8am and I honestly do feel better than when I was waking up/getting up at 10/11am. I actually hate lie ins - unless I'm really tired of course - because I feel like I'm wasting the day just being in bed, doing nothing and basically being a lazy ass.

How I'm more productive in the mornings

Get up early

The key to feeling good in the morning for me is waking up early - rise and shine everyone! - and getting ready for the day ahead. My body clock is typically around 7-8am everyday so I'm quite lucky but that's only because I'm still a 13 year old at heart and my bed time is 9/10pm, yes I'm growing old and life is exhausting (I don't really do much with my days apart from work). I think the time between when your alarm clock goes off or body wakes up and when you actually get up should only be a few minutes. LOSE THE SNOOZE! We don't need that snooze button in our lives. Let's be honest, who's ever got up before the alarm clock goes off a second time? Yeah, didn't think so.

Think positively

Positive mind, positive vibes, positive life. Am I right or am I right? It's true. Change 'I hope to' into 'I will do' and you'll rule the day and smash all those goals, whether they're big or small it doesn't matter you're still smashing them.

Prepare the night before

You’ll feel mega productive if you are ready for the day in short time and realise you have extra time to do more tasks. So, how about prepare everything the night before, and by everything I mean your outfit for the day, what you’ll have for breakfast and write down things you need to do for the day. I find this stuff quite satisfying…

Meditate or yoga

The perfect way to relax those muscles and get your body ready for the day. It helps clear your mind and keep your mood calm - just what you want every morning yeah? I actually don't do this in the mornings because I struggle to find the time to before I set off to work, but I do know from other people that it genuinely works, maybe that's a hint from them saying I should start...

Listen to your favourite podcasts

This is a slightly random one but it really does motivate me, especially if the podcast is inspiring, and encourages me to get on with my day instead of being a slob. There are some great ones out there, some of my favourites include Keeping it Candid, Ctrl Alt Delete, Is it just me? - go check them out, you'll become addicted after a few episodes.

How do you keep your mornings productive? Share your tips below.

1. May 31, 2018 / 4:21 pm

I am not so much of an early bird. I mean, when my alarm rings I jump out of bed and I am good to go but at the weekend i admit that I wake up late and stay in bed eve later. So my mornings are pretty shorts and not very productive. I should get up early and prepare for that the night before!

• Abigail
      Author
      June 21, 2018 / 4:36 pm

See I’m a natural early bird but when it comes to alarms I will very rarely get up straight away haha!

Abs x

2. May 31, 2018 / 4:34 pm

Loved this post! These are such good ideas. I like to do yoga first thing as it sets the tone for a positive and productive day ahead. I’m also a fan of podcasts, Ctrl Atl Delete is one of my faves too! Great post xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• Abigail
      Author
      June 21, 2018 / 4:38 pm

Thank you lovely. I really should do yoga in the morning as I think it will just relax me more at work and make me feel better in general, I need to find the time though! Ah yeah I’m loving podcasts atm.

Abs x

3. May 31, 2018 / 4:41 pm

I’ve seen a few posts like this and find it so helpful because i hate getting out of my bed but know that it’s always better to do so to be productive!

• Abigail
      Author
      June 21, 2018 / 4:40 pm

Yeah I used to be the same and posts like this would be so useful, and it now helps that I’m an early bird so I can now share my own tips.

Abs x

4. May 31, 2018 / 4:53 pm

I used to get up really early during the semester but now I’ve been slacking a little. These are some good tips to get back into it! 🙂

• Abigail
      Author
      June 21, 2018 / 4:41 pm

I used to be the opposite; I would hate getting up for uni but now I love getting up early and ready for work and at the weekends, weird!

Abs x

• Abigail
      Author
      June 21, 2018 / 5:18 pm

Aw thank you lovely! Yes definitely is and then it keeps you productive for the rest of the day!

Abs x

5. Greatness Reinvented
    June 17, 2018 / 2:10 pm

Some great ideas here. I do like some yoga in the morning.

GR | https://www.thegreat.uk

• Abigail
      Author
      June 21, 2018 / 5:20 pm

Thank you! I need to start doing yoga now and then!

Abs x