January Round Up & February Goals

Well, January is finally over - dragged on a bit didn't it? It felt like it lasted for months and months. If each month will be as slow as January then we're in for a long ride this year.

I didn't stick to some of my January goals as much as I would have liked to but I'm determined to have more self-control this year and really focus on my mental state and being happier with myself.

I managed to get a job at the start of this month, not anything serious but it's a start and I'm incredibly proud of myself for making a little step forward in life. The end of 2017 was not a great one so starting off 2018 the way I have has left me feeling a lot more positive.

Some goals this month are more like things I want to do instead of things I want to achieve, more like a to-do list. I thought maybe writing them as part of this blog post would remind myself to do them and give me a kick in the butt.

So what goals have I lined up for myself to achieve/do for the next month?

Less time online

When I say "online" I really mean spending less time on my laptop. Blogging is an online job so taking more time offline than on is not a clever move if you want to stick to it.

My laptop is like my baby; it comes everywhere with me, and that's just around the house. I don't mean when I go shopping or out on day trips, I'm not that attached. I wake up and immediately go to my laptop, take it downstairs with me to the sofa, have it in bed before I sleep - it's just a little too much and so it needs to stop. I need to give myself some more room to breathe and not spend as much time as I do currently online, because about 25% of it is to do with blogging, the other 75% is to do with youtube, online shopping and my personal social media. I realise at the end of the day that I haven't really accomplished anything from being on my laptop for that period of time.

Reach 1000 followers on Instagram

I've never been crazy about the statistics on my social medias or my blog but it's nice to know you're getting somewhere with it from your followers building up and up. Lately I have really been putting all my energy into making my Instagram a place that I'm proud to own (maybe that's a cheesy way of saying it but you get the drift). From all this work being put into it I might as well have a goal for the time being. I currently have around 750 followers so reaching 1000 by the end of February is looking unlikely but I've got to push myself every now and then, and I'm doing just that.

*cough* follow my Instagram here *cough*

Look after my skin properly

Something I've never been good at taking care of and struggle sticking to a daily routine. My skin has been in quite a good condition for a long time now - I think ever since I stopped wearing foundation it has had time to breathe and clear up. However, there is still room for improvement and I would love to have smoother-looking skin. Even if I start just applying an exfoliation every night or apply a face mask once or twice a week will be a good start. So that's what my goal is to start off with. Hopefully from doing this I can add in a proper routine every evening and even start morning routines, but let's stick to the basics for now. Too much attention to your skin can cause some harm.

Reorganise my room

Since my mum bought me some plants the other day I've wanted to completely reorganise my room. It's amazing what two small plants can make me do! But in reality I do want a big clear out, refurbish, and basically a new room. This will take a lot of time and work to do so for now I want to stick to just reorganising. And by reorganising I mean sorting through my storage spaces and throwing things out which have been hiding in the cupboards for a while now and haven't been used for about a decade. Perhaps I'm becoming a hoarder...

So, to summarise, my goals are either too challenging, pointless or a lot of work...that's how goals work right?

What goals do you have in store for February?

1. Hello Bexa
    February 1, 2018 / 5:06 pm

Great post Abbie! All the best with your February goals! I’m following you on insta now and I’m sure you will reach 1,000 soon, your photography is gorgeous! <3 Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

2. Charlotte Hobbs
    February 1, 2018 / 6:05 pm

I am so the same with my laptop, it needs to be prised out of my hands sometimes. I find having a switchoff time and then sitting in bed journalling and reading helps loads with this but I'm still working on it! I also gave your Instagram a follow because you should be proud of it, you take gorgeous photos!https://my20staughtme.wordpress.com/

3. Booksarge
    February 1, 2018 / 6:08 pm

Been trying to achieve my goals with to do lists. All the best with your February goals

4. Maria Cano
    February 1, 2018 / 8:03 pm

These are great! There are definitely challenging but that's the whole point. IG is such a struggle right now, so growing ANY should be considered an achievement. I am wanting to connect with more bloggers during February!

5. Karina
    February 1, 2018 / 8:09 pm

Great post! These are my favourite to read as you learn so much about someone! I've helped you try and reach that 1,000 instagram goal and followed! Oh and I agree with the wanting to clear my room! I feel a definite spring clean is going to coming on as I feel i need to get rid of those January blues, and brighten the place up! I definitely agree with plants sprucing the place up! Amazing what a good plant can do! Karina | http://karinahearts.com

6. Jenniiverse
    February 1, 2018 / 8:13 pm

These are such great goals! I really like the idea of doing a things to do rather than achievements, I'd imagine I would get more done looking at it that way. I really want to make more friends in the blogging world, I've met some of the most lovely people and it makes me so happy! Good luck with your goals! xx

7. Mary
    February 1, 2018 / 8:22 pm

Good luck with your new job and all your February goals! Using your time online productively is so important, but it's so hard to get sidetracked with social networking. I hope you feel better spending a bit more time disconnected! I'm also trying to take better care of my skin – let me know if you find a system that works 😉 Great post!Mary | http://hellomissmarie.com

8. Seeing Spots
    February 1, 2018 / 8:24 pm

What a good round up of the month. I'm ready for spring and want to do a massive clearout of my room but I'm not up to it at the moment. My goals for Feb are to carry on with my posting schedule, concentrate on a couple of social media platforms I neglect x

9. Mollie Westhead
    February 1, 2018 / 8:36 pm

Love this post good luck with all of your goals especially Insta I have the exact same one just followed your account! X

10. Ellyn Rebecca
    February 1, 2018 / 8:54 pm

My main goal this month is to continue to stick to my New Years Resolutions that I set! I've managed to do it so far so fingers crossed! Ellyn x | Life Of A Beauty Nerd

11. helloSHELLS
    February 1, 2018 / 10:05 pm

I followed you on Instagram — I hope you reach your goal of 1000! Instagram can be a tough one!Great post! xMichelledressingwithstyle-s.com

12. Zara
    February 1, 2018 / 10:52 pm

Congrats on getting a job! Good luck with your feb goals gal! xxwww.misszarabelle.com

13. Marikah Blank
    February 2, 2018 / 5:20 am

Such a great post. Hope you reach your goals! Some of my goals is to start exercising and to start prepping for my certification tests! keepingupwithMJ.com xx

14. Rachel
    February 2, 2018 / 10:41 am

No goal is ever too pointless of difficult, you can achieve them! Good luck xRachel // kyvbey.blogspot.com

15. Morgs
    February 3, 2018 / 7:17 pm

Hope you achieve all your goals this month girl! Instagram can be so frustrating with followers out of all the social medias but I'm sure you'll manage it xxMorgan // http://www.justmorgs.com

16. Katie C
    February 5, 2018 / 9:04 pm

Some lovely goals. At least having a little clearout of your room might help you focus on how you'd like to rearrange it in the future, and you might enjoy the extra space it gives you!- Katie // http://homeatnumber3.blogspot.co.uk/