5 Reasons Why You’re Lacking Productivity

Ever question those days/periods where you have no energy to do anything productive and just spend the day lazing around? Obviously, we all deserve to relax every now and then but so you ever wonder why, when it comes to work or doing something for the day, why you're lacking productivity?

Here's a few reasons why:

Lack of sleep

Either you had a restless night's sleep of slept for less time than you should have. Getting enough sleep is so important to allow your body to function properly and to help you gain enough energy to be active the next day. You should be making this a priority.

No food in your system

Maybe you've missed a meal in the last 24 hours or didn't consume enough calories to increase you energy level. Make sure you are getting your 3 meals a day and have a balanced diet.

Untidiness of workplace

Having an untidy workplace will instantly affect your productivity. It means taking longer to get yourself ready to do work and possibly having a delay in getting things done.

Negativity

Thinking negative or having a negative attitude will affect the work you're producing and your mental state during the time.

Poor time management

A poor time management can mess up your days work. Working off schedule can cause you to miss deadlines, rush your work, and possibly produce poor work.

Try and fix these factors and you may start to see a change to your productivity level.

How do you stay productive?

1. Josie Brownlee
    May 14, 2017 / 6:41 pm

Absolutely right! So often lately, I feel so rushed and panicked about time and getting enough work/revision done that I don't spend time on preparing meals and find after a while I get hella hangry and negative and just end up burning myself out! It's often overlooked, but looking after yourself really improves productivity levels!JosieVictoriaa // Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle

• Abigail West
      June 2, 2017 / 7:57 am

Yes I'm the same, I always just focus on getting as much done as possible and just lose track of time. Abs x

• Abigail West
      June 2, 2017 / 7:59 am

Thanks! Abs x

2. Corinne & Kirsty
    May 14, 2017 / 7:04 pm

Food is so important! I totally feel like I'm getting nowhere when I'm hungry ^^ -Kwww.corinneandkirsty.com

• Abigail West
      June 2, 2017 / 8:00 am

I forget about food so often it's so bad! Abs x

3. Lizzie ♥
    May 14, 2017 / 7:15 pm

Gosh I'm actually feeling this today, and it's definitely because I've had such a troubled nights sleep due to negativity! Hopefully tomorrow will be better now… Thanks for the tips!Lizzie Bee // Hello Lizzie Bee

• Abigail West
      June 2, 2017 / 8:01 am

A bad night's sleep always affects my productivity levels the next day! Abs x

4. Alice Snell
    May 14, 2017 / 7:30 pm

Great post. I can totally relate to negativity, I'm really good at putting myself and my work down which then means I don't continue as I don't feel good enough! Such a vicious circle. Alice | alicemaysnell

• Abigail West
      June 2, 2017 / 8:02 am

Yes I agree, i'm quite similar in some aspects! Abs x

5. Chelsea ann
    May 14, 2017 / 7:32 pm

I have to say, food & sleep are so so crucial to me functioning as a human lol. If I don't get at least 6-7 hours of sleep alongside 3 meals a day, I can't function.

• Abigail West
      June 2, 2017 / 8:04 am

I'm quite the opposite, I'm struggle with getting a good night's sleep every night and getting 3 meals down me, I seriously need to sort myself out haha! Abs x

6. Kate Rose xo
    May 14, 2017 / 8:25 pm

These are all 100% true! Especially lack of sleep for me! XKate// itskaterose.com

• Abigail West
      June 2, 2017 / 8:06 am

Yes definitely, I feel so drained the morning after a bad night's sleep! Abs x