April 4, 2017

How to Spend an Evening at Home

Had a busy day? Want to relax for the evening at home or feeling a little productive? Here is how you can spend your evening.

Watch a movie

There's nothing better than putting your favourite film on, getting a drink and a few snacks, and cozying up on the sofa. In the winter, light the fire, burn a few candles and wrap up in your big warm blanket; there's no better feeling.

Work out those muscles

This doesn't have to sound as painful as it does. Why not get your yoga mat out and stretch out those muscles to leave you relaxed for a good night's sleep ahead, or even do some mediation (if that's your kinda thing). If you're extra keen then put on a youtube exercise video and work those muscles until you collapse and can't move. You may wake up with a few aches here and there but that's a sign you did a job well done!

Listen to music and whack out those dance moves

Get ahead of the game and practise those dance moves ready for the next night out with your friends. Let's face it, everyone has times when they do something like this (especially if you're home alone); it's a great time to act like no one is watching (because no one is watching).

Read a book

Maybe with a little bit of soothing music in the background on low volume, sit and read a book. Whether it's your recent buy, or a classic, this is a good time to do it if you have nothing better to do.

Relax with a bubbly bath

Or just a bath if you don't like the bubbles. Enjoy a warm, scented bath with your favourite tunes blasting out loud. Add your chosen bath bombs, gels,

Bake some delicious cookies

Chef it out (is that an expression?!) and bake some cookies, cakes, any of your favourite desserts...there's no better smell than a fresh-baked smell!

How do you spend evenings at home?

38 responses to “How to Spend an Evening at Home”

1. Steph says:

'Chef it out' could be an expression. Why not?! Baking cookies with music in the background and a dance party sounds like my ideal night!Stephwww.socialspying.com

• Abigail West says:

Yes I agree, haha. I can't cook or bake without music or something on in the background, it just seems so boring otherwise haha! Abs x

2. Sophia Whitham says:

I love to have a bubble bath, do some baking and enjoy a nice warm fire!! xx Sophia x http://sophiawhitham.co.uk xx

• Abigail West says:

I love a nice bubbly bath, I could stay in there for hours aha! And a homemade fire in the evening on a winters night is perfect. Abs x

3. Chelsea Pope says:

I love chilled evening in with pizza, snacks and a good movie, followed by a bath… nothing better xx

4. Chelsea ann says:

I always like to relax by either taking a nice bath, watching my favorite tv shows or listening to music!

• Abigail West says:

Yes same. I love taking the evening to continue watching some good TV series or watching my favourite movie. Abs x

5. kayleigh Zara says:

Watching movies, having a bubble bath and reading a book are my favourite things to do for a relaxing evening in as well as a cheeky pizza x

6. Corinne & Kirsty says:

Reading a book or watch a movie are on my top list! we have a bathtub so i may give it a go. however, i'll order pizza rather than cook ahah xx corinne

• Abigail West says:

I go through phases of enjoying baths but after a year of having no access to a bath, I can't wait for a bubble bath when I'm home. Abs x

7. Endaline says:

So many lovely ideas. Love to read and watch movies. I listen to music sometimes, or gist with bae.

8. Rachael Shortt says:

I love nights in watching movies and baking cookies or brownies! PaleGirlRambling xo

9. A Love Affair with Beauty says:

Lovely post. These are some great ways to spend an evening at home. You've reminded me I own a yoga mat and I always feel better after a good stretch! X

• Abigail West says:

Thank you. I need to properly get into yoga, so I can become flexible again haha! You always feel so relaxed after yoga too, perfect time to settle down to a movie. Abs x

10. Charlotte says:

I do pretty much all of these. I do love having my own alone time, getting in a long hot bubble bath and indulging in a good book is one of my favourite things to do 🙂 Charlotte | http://fadingtulips.blogspot.co.uk

11. samiyah khan says:

Oooh yess! I definitely agree with spending a night at home and watching a film or maybe two! It's always so chilled and relaxing! Love this post and you have such a lovely blog! xsami | possiblysami.com

• Abigail West says:

Depending on my mood, I can spend an evening watching about 5 films haha! I love those evenings! Aw thank you very much. Abs x

12. K says:

Some brilliant ideas here! Personally, my go to is a bubble bath. So nice to have one when the baby has gone to bed! K xx

13. Morgs says:

A bubble bath is the solution to everything for me haha! x

14. Behind The Scent says:

My favourite is to have a nice bath, maybe watch a film or read a book. I like to be all snuggly and cosy haha Kirstie | Behind The Scent

• Abigail West says:

Relaxing Bath seems to be the popular choice! I looove wrapping myself up in a blanket on the sofa and watching my favourite movies. Abs x

15. Chloe Rowlands says:

Loving all these, I need to find more time to relax and read, I love a good book! X http://www.chloeelle.uk

16. Holly Sturgeon says:

Great tips! I've been loving yoga recently really helps me to relax xHolly xwww.hollysbeautybox.co.uk

17. goingplacesanddoingstuff.com says:

Your photos are so bright and beautiful! These are all my favourite night-in things, Lush baths and yoga are my weaknesses!

18. Abigail West says:

I couldn't agree more with your baking comment. The reward after the work always goes down a treat. Abs x

19. Abigail West says:

Thank you 🙂 Definitely not, evenings in are always needed! Abs x

20. I love taking a long bath! It always relaxes me.

eleanor