My Travelling Essentials

My essentials for travelling often range depending on what is on the itinerary but these are always packed with me.

Camera

I will never go travelling and not take my Nikon D7100. It is priority and unquestionable whether to take it or not. It is my pride and joy and will normally be glued to me on my travels. Sometimes I will opt for the average iPhone photographs but it just doesn't compare to my camera quality.

Travelling Purse

I would be lost without this travel organiser. It is where all my important documents are kept during my travels. I have to be organised otherwise it stresses me out and me+stress=bad news.

Minimal Beauty Bag

When travelling I tend not to wear make up as it can feel uncomfortable and make me look so bad when I start to sweat (in hot countries obviously), sweat and makeup don't work together at all. I usually just take the basics; foundation, mascara, eyebrow kit and occasionally an eye shadow palette.

Flip Flops

Flip Flops are always a good idea for those chilled late night walks, or just walking around your accommodation. They are easy to pack and very light and comfortable on your feet; perfect for travelling (maybe not practical for long walks or hikes though)!

My Nike Shoes

They are only a year old but ever since getting them I have always brought them with me on my travels. They are the comfiest shoes to travel in and to walk around in. I even wore them when hiking up a mountain in Yosemite National Park. Still to this day, they are my favourite and comfiest shoes, without a doubt, so they are on the top of my list when packing for my travels.

(they may need a trip to the washing machine soon)

Music and Earphones

I think most people will agree with this one. Those long dreaded journeys are a little more bearable when you have music to listen to, especially if there is a crying baby on the journey, then you can block out the loud sounds around you.

Sun Cream

If I am travelling in summer or to a hot country, sun cream is vital for me. I burn like a peach! Sun cream saves my life, and it can be easy to carry around. Before I leave, I always go to Boots, Superdrug or a cheap place like Wilkinsons to buy my travel goods. They are perfect for a few weeks as there is always the perfect amount in them for a good few weeks or maybe even a month, depending on the product.

Sunglasses

Last essential is my sunglasses. I don't know how many times I have lost a pair of sunglasses but I always seem to end up buying a new pair before holidays or travelling. I only buy cheap ones as I do not trust myself with expensive ones, I am bound to break them the day I buy them. I did have a pair of Raybans which lasted quite a while and I always had them on me but sadly that day had to come when I accidentally crushed them in my bag.

What are your travelling essentials?

1. Kaa Kaar
    October 17, 2016 / 4:22 pm

I love Naked palettes! They are so pretty and pigmented.

• Abigail West
      October 18, 2016 / 12:08 pm

I have only had this one for a few months, along with the basics palette and they are my most used ones! I love them so much!! Love Abs x

2. Scribbled Dreams
    October 17, 2016 / 4:30 pm

Music, earphones and sun cream. Very essential. Great post. 🙂

• Abigail West
      October 18, 2016 / 12:09 pm

Yes definitely, I always have my earphones with me! Thank you lovely. Love Abs x

3. Becca Jayne
    October 17, 2016 / 4:33 pm

I LOVE travelling and exploring, so I can relate to this post 100%! I would say that taking good quality camera is especially essential because you can capture some of the best and most beautiful moments that can last a lifetime- oh, and of course your passport if you're travelling abroad! Great post lovely, there's some really essential items featured here. X

• Abigail West
      October 18, 2016 / 12:10 pm

Yes of course, my camera is glued to me when I travel! Yes, cannot go anywhere without a passport, of course. Thank you lovely! Love Abs x

4. kirsty-rose
    October 17, 2016 / 4:37 pm

These are such good travel essentials and I agree on all of them haha!

• Abigail West
      October 18, 2016 / 12:11 pm

I love my travel purse, essential when it comes to keeping all my important documents together. Also so handy to travel with, perfect size! Love Abs x

5. sophieannetaylor
    October 17, 2016 / 4:49 pm

Lovely post, being a travel blogger I love travel themed essentials <3 Definitely agree with the travel wallet! sophieannetaylor.blogspot.co.uk

6. Lizzie ♥
    October 18, 2016 / 7:51 am

I totally agree with you on taking your camera – I've only recently started using it but now I hate all of the photos I take on my iPhone. I should probably buy a special bag for it because right now I just chuck it into my handbag, whoops. Lizzie Bee // mysticthorn.com

• Abigail West
      October 18, 2016 / 12:12 pm

Yes, however, with my posts I tend to forget to use my camera and end up with bad quality photos from my iPhone. Need to start using it properly for good photographs on my posts! Love Abs x

7. Sazra
    May 31, 2017 / 6:11 pm

I'm so glad that you added suncream to this list. So many people just can't be bothered with it and it's so important.

• Abigail West
      July 16, 2017 / 8:49 am

It's ridiculous how many people forget suncream and how important it is!Abs x